Williamstown Football Club Legends
The first Hall of Fame inductee to be ELEVATED to LEGEND.
Ron was recruited to Williamstown from Collingwood in 1940. In 1938 and 1939 Todd kicked 120 goals in each season for the magpies. Todd played 141 games and kicked 672 goals in his career which was interrupted for 3 years (1942 – 1944) by the Second World War when the VFA competition went into recess.
Ron Todd’s career highlights at Williamstown include:
- Leading goalkicker at WFC 1945, 1946, 1947 and 1949
- Leading competition goalkicker in 1945 and 1946
- Premiership player in 1945 and 1949
- Kicked 188 goals in 1945 (still an Australian State League Record)
- Kicked 114 goals in 1946
- Captain 1948 and 1949
- Selected at Centre Half Forward in Williamstown Team of the Century
Ray was recruited from Seddon Football Club in the Footscray District League in 1951 and played for 11 seasons before retiring after the 1961 Grand Final loss to Yarraville.
Ray’s final season saw him win the club Best and Fairest and also finish third in the 1961 Liston Trophy.
Ray Smith’s career highlights at Williamstown include:
- Played 205 games – held games record for 43 years
- Kicked 161 goals
- 5 time Premiership player – 1954, 1955, 1956, 1958 and 1959
- 3 time Best and Fairest – 1959, 1960 and 1961
- Captain 1960 and 1961
- Captained the VFA at State Level
- Selected on half Forward Flank in Williamstown Team of the Century
The Monster was recruited to the Williamstown Football Club in 1951 and over the next 17 years established himself as one of the greatest players, coaches and personalities ever to wear the Blue and Gold.
Gerry Callahan’s career highlights at Williamstown include:
- Played 171 games and kicked 75 goals
- 5 time Premiership Captain and Player – 1954, 1955, 1956, 1958 and 1959
- 2 time Premiership Coach 1958 and 1959
- Captained Club for 6 years 1954 – 1959
- Coached Club for 10 years 1958 – 1967
- 2 time Best and Fairest 1951 and 1957
- Represented and Coached VFA in Interstate Football
- Selected at Centre Half Back and named Captain of the Williamstown Team of the Century
Barry Round was recruited to the Williamstown Football Club in 1986 as a 36 year old after playing 328 AFL games at South Melbourne / Sydney and Footscray. Big Bazza played and coached at Williamstown for 8 years before becoming a Director of the Club for 14 years.
Barry Round’s career highlights at Williamstown include:
- Played 110 games and kicked 103 goals
- 3 time Best and Fairest 1987, 1988 and 1989
- Liston Medalist 1987
- 2 time Premiership Player 1986 and 1990
- Norm Goss Medalist 1990
- Senior Coach for 5 years – 1989 to 1993
- Captain for 3 years 1989 – 1991
- Selected as First Ruck in Williamstown Team of the Century
Ian Rickman was recruited to the Williamstown Football Club in 1985 from the Footscray Football Club. Chops carved out an outstanding playing career over the next 9 seasons and his involvement has continued after his playing career with roles as Chairman of Selectors, Past Players President and Football Director over the last 5 years.
Ian Rickman’s career highlights at Williamstown include:
- Played 146 games and kicked 516 goals
- 2 time Premiership Player in 1986 and 1990
- Leading goalkicker at WFC 1988, 1989, 1990 and 1992
- Leading competition goalkicker 1989 and 1992
- Kicked 125 goals in 1989
- Selected on Half Forward Flank in Williamstown Team of the Century
Ex-Western Jet and Western Bulldogs listed ruckman becomes latest player to sign with the club for 2017.Read more ...
New recruit Jackson Gray says he is adjusting well to life in Melbourne after making the move from Queensland in the off-season.Read more ...
Dear members, in accordance with ASIC Regulatory Guide 26, we wish to advise that Grant Thornton Audit Pty Ltd has been appointed auditor of the Company following the resignation of Crowe Horwath.Read more ...
Details of the funeral service for Williamstown Football Club life member Kathy Sheahan have been announced.Read more ...
New Seagull Brodie Romensky says he is learning plenty from the cavalcade of experienced midfielders at the club in his first pre-season.Read more ...